Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vatican museums and catacombs

I found out yesterday that mother had fallen and broken her hip. She had surgery before I ever knew it had happened. It is so hard to be so far away when I need to be with her. She came through the surgery well and God has blessed her with many good friends who were taking care of her. Please remember her in your prayers and say an extra thanks for friends who treat you like family and good doctors.

We began our tour at 8:00 am and headed to the Vatican. We toured the museums, the tapestries, statues, paintings, mosaics, and of course, the Sistene Chapel. It was all breathtaking! Then we ate some lunch, shopped in the gift shop, and then boarded the bus for the catacombs. The catacombs were narrow and winding and fascinatinating as we wound through the tunnels. Following that tour, we dropped some off in the downtown area and I took the tired young boys back to the hotel so that John and Debbie could have some child-free time. The boys and I ate at McDonalds again and then came back to the hotel so they could play video games and I could pack. Tomorrow we leave for Florence. Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment